Happy New Year to you all and welcome to 2014 with Coventry Lane Design. I haven't been blogging long enough to be able to do a "best of 2013", so I thought I might do a New Years resolution list of things I'd like to achieve around the house for the coming year. It will be so interesting to look back at the beginning of 2015 to see just how much I've managed to tick off!
I thought it might also be a nice sneak peak into what types of projects you can expect from me. A little bit of furniture restoration, a little bit of sewing and craft and of course some general home styling.
So here goes (in no particular order of importance):
- Build fireplace mantel shelf (must be done before Christmas next year)
- Replace entertainment unit with built-in buffet (toddler proofing)
- Hang TV on the wall (toddler proofing)
- Re-upholster / Slip-cover dining room chairs
- Window treatments
- Refinish antique cabinet
- Build mini "wine cellar"
- Source and reupholster chair
- Occasional table project
- DIY Art or Mirror
- Install hand towel rail to en suite
- Install shelving in walk-in-robes
- DIY mobile
- Cot skirt
- Install shelving to cupboards
- Refinish thrift store chair
- Create upholstered bedhead
- Source or make storage baskets
- Recover ironing board
- DIY artwork
- Window furnishings
- Finish the side fences
- Patio flooring
- Furnish and style the Patio
- Privacy Screen
- Front path
- Front garden beds
- Prepare front soil for turf planting
- Repaint flower pots
I must confess I'm having heart palpitations just looking at the length of that list, but I do have to remind myself this is for the entire year. I have a bad habit of wanting everything done yesterday - I must remember patience is a virtue.